[OS X TeX] TexShop with Psfrag - Need Help

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 07:01:59 CEST 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 9:27 PM, David Derbes wrote:

> I export a cell from Mathematica ("Save Selection As", and choose
> the option EPS), open it in Illustrator, and edit it as much as I
> like. If I need other text or equations, I create them with
> LaTeXit, and export that to .EPS, open it in Illustrator, copy it,
> and paste it into the Mathematica file open in Illustrator.
>
> There are all sorts of interesting things you can do with the file
> in Illustrator, e.g. change thickness or color of a function's
> graph, change the grid legends, you name it.
>
> Then, all editing done, save the Illustrator file as EPS, and open
> it within TeXShop. Presto, a cropped PDF, which is easily
> incorporated into you LaTeX file with \includegraphics{filename}.
> (The graphics will be named filename.pdf, but don't use .pdf in the
> \includegraphics{filename} command.)
>
> Illustrator is not cheap,

Intaglio can "convert PDF, EPS, SVG, and PICT Files Into Editable
Quartz Graphics. Intaglio will convert most files created by other
applications into graphics you can edit." but I have never tried to
do it.

It has LinkBack but I haven't been able to make it work with LaTeXit.
But that may be due to my own incompetence.

Other than that, I have been using Intaglio for years and I like it a
whole lot. One thing I like particularly is that I can SAVE AS
in .intaglio or in .svg for later editing and SAVE A COPY AS in
cropped .pdf for \includegraphics while Intaglio remembers which
folder is which. (It sounds frivolous but makes file management a lot
easier.)

Regards
--schremmer