[OS X TeX] LaTeX to XML

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Wed Jun 18 22:30:14 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:03:34PM +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 18.06.2008 um 18:50 schrieb ana morandeira:
>
>> Is there a good LaTeX to XML converter?
>

> I don't know whether it's good, but it exists and works to convert to
> HTML and CSS: TeX4ht (http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/%7Egurari/TeX4ht/
> mn.html). XML is another output format. There are options to turn
> formulae to a graphics image or to MathML format. TeX4ht is a bit picky
> with graphics files inclusions. Since it goes the way to first create a
> DVI file and convert this to whatever, these images should be PostScript
> (or EPS). ImageMagick and Ghostscript seem to be needed also.
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete

tex4ht also has an odt (openoffice.org) export option.

The term XML is a bit hazy: xhtml is xml, openoffice is xml, ms
ooxml is xml, docbook is xml... But since you mention Word, the odt
export seems a better bet.

I played around with it some time ago. With some tweaking in the
latex code, I could get a decent OOo export. Unfortunately, the math
got seriously mangled going from OOo to Word although in general OOo
has a rather good Word export.

--
Siep Kroonenberg