[OS X TeX] svnX and Leopard [OT]

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 20:11:32 CEST 2008

On Jun 17, 2008, at 1:25 PM, Berend Hasselman wrote:

> Months ago Dave Dribin had a very interesting blog entry on
> distributed version control systems
>
> http://www.dribin.org/dave/blog/archives/2007/12/28/dvcs/
>
> He also discusses why he chose Mercurial
>
> http://www.dribin.org/dave/blog/archives/2007/12/30/why_mercurial/
>
> and discussed installing
>
> http://www.dribin.org/dave/blog/archives/2008/01/02/
> installing_dvcs_leopard/

Very nice. I read them all … a bit like I would read Science Fiction
though. But it made me even think of going 10.5 … for a whole 5 seconds.

One thing that struck me as really nice is backward compatibility
with subversion (git-svn) so I might start with subversion. But what
I really liked was the idea of local commits.

> I installed Mercurial (binary packages can be found here: http://
> www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/BinaryPackages )
> and use it either from the command line or through the very nice
> Mercurial interface in TextMate.

So, who is going to place a nice interface in TeXShop?

Grateful … and hopeful regards
--schremmer