[OS X TeX] updmap command not found

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 16 13:10:41 CEST 2008

On 16 jun 2008, at 12:08, Robert Blackstone wrote:

> On my iMac, under OSX 10.5.3, on which my TeX installation in general
> seems to work perfectly, nevertheless in Terminal I cannot use updmap,
> nor kpsewhich, nor texhash and the like. In all cases I get the
> message "command not found".

And the latex/pdflatex/pdftex commands?

> I should perhaps add that I did not freshly install TexLive on this
> iMac but instead carried it over from my Powerbook under OSX 10.4.11
> (where everything, including updmap etc., works fine).

_how_ did you cary those over?

It is most likely an issue with your $PATH environment variable.
In your reply, include the output of echo $PATH

The easiest is to install MacTeX from the latest disk image. It will
probably
be the quickest fix, with the least confusion.

Maarten