[OS X TeX] Question about changing subsection name

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Jun 15 00:03:36 CEST 2008

Le 14 juin 08 à 23:58, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Are you sure this command \subsectionname exists? I don't think so.
> The biggest subdivisions of a document have names, \partname and
> \chaptername, but not the smaller subdivisions like section and
> subsection.

Sorry, I should have looked more carefully at your example. You're
using the hyperref package and \autoref; then it's
\subsectionautorefname we're talking about, not \subsectionname.

 From hyperref.sty:

\def\HyLang at english{%
   \def\equationautorefname{Equation}%
   \def\footnoteautorefname{footnote}%
   \def\itemautorefname{item}%
   \def\figureautorefname{Figure}%
   \def\tableautorefname{Table}%
   \def\partautorefname{Part}%
   \def\appendixautorefname{Appendix}%
   \def\chapterautorefname{chapter}%
   \def\sectionautorefname{section}%
   \def\subsectionautorefname{subsection}%
   \def\subsubsectionautorefname{subsubsection}%
   \def\paragraphautorefname{paragraph}%
   \def\subparagraphautorefname{subparagraph}%
   \def\FancyVerbLineautorefname{line}%
   \def\theoremautorefname{Theorem}%
   \def\pageautorefname{page}%
}