[OS X TeX] Re: OT: OS X 10.5.3

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Jun 2 16:45:06 CEST 2008

On 02.06.2008, at 16:23, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2008, at 3:29 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>

>> On 02.06.2008, at 07:36, Eberhard Lisse wrote:
>>
>>> Never had any problems whatsoever with this.
>>>
>>> But, get skim instead of xpdf (or Acrobat for that matter)
>>
>> Skim also uses Apple's pdf system, so you don't win anything over
>> Preview in this regard. But since this bug – which I encountered
>> regularly with the mathpazo package – is fixed in 10.5.3, this
>> whole discussion is moot.
>>

> Moot, at least, for this particular bug. I would like some pdf
> viewer that isn't dependent on Apple's pdf system,

Why exactly? The bug Apple introduced with Leopard was bad, no doubt
adoubt that, but besides that, what's wrong with Apple's pdf system?
They don't implement every single feature of PDF, but that's mainly
because not every single feature is open. There are some parts of PDF
no one can implement except Adobe.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as is
generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also be
thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better job
on the wings.“ Stanley Kubrick