[OS X TeX] colorbox

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 04:42:37 CEST 2008

At 10:28 PM -0400 7/27/08, Alain Schremmer wrote:
> This is just a LaTeX question but I have already wasted a couple of
> hours on it.

I have now run into another difficulty with colorbox on which
Companion 2Ed is remarkably discreet (page 158):

While I can control the horizontal scope of the highlighting with
just hspaces as in, for instance,

	\colorbox{yellow}{\hspace{-3mm}1234 text\hspace{-11mm}}

which seems clunky enough, the only way I found for controlling the
vertical scope of the highlighting, as for instance the fraction bar
in a fraction, is

	\colorbox{yellow}{\parbox[l][-2mm][t]{6.5mm}{\vspace{-4mm}$\dfrac
{222}{333}$}}

which seems rather overly clunky (but will do if push comes to shove).

Hopeful regards
--schremmer