[OS X TeX] Search in Skim vs search in AR vs Preview

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 12:05:09 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Am 27.07.2008 um 00:02 schrieb Victor Ivrii:
>
>> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
>> \usepackage[noTeX]{cmap}
>> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>> \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
>

> When you want to use the built-in Computer Modern fonts the option
> "resetfonts" is recommended for cmap.

I tried with [resetfonts] and the conclusion is the same: In such file
AR9 finds Schrodinger (so it completely identifies \"o with o, Preview
finds Schro but not Schrod, Skim does not find Schro. Searching with
umlaut works perfectly in all three.

xpdf does not find Schro (not sure how to enter o with umlaut in xpdf

> What is noTeX good for?

My mistake: I experimented with {mmap} of Ross Moore (cmap does not
know  this option) result is the same.