[OS X TeX] synctex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jul 11 10:35:47 CEST 2008

On 11 Jul 2008, at 5:53 AM, Franck Pastor wrote:

> It seems there is one similar environment at least: Texmaker, which
> is very good in my opinion. http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/index.html

Yes, there are similarities, but also differences in overall design
philosophy. TeXworks is more focused on simplicity, on giving the new
or casual user a minimalist tool that "just works" without
intimidating them with technicalities or options.

(This is not meant as criticism of Texmaker, which I think is a great
tool; it's just designed for a different type of user. The same
applies to most of the other front-ends I'm aware of, on various
platforms.)

JK