[OS X TeX] (Off topic?) A problem with the Latin Modern Opentype fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jul 9 14:42:20 CEST 2008

Le 9 juil. 08 à 14:20, Franck Pastor a écrit :

> Le 09-juil.-08 à 14:04, Bruno Voisin a écrit :
>>

>> First, it really seems TextEdit reads .odt files. Don't know why,
>> but it works.

> Not for me, I've just tried. Maybe because I'm still on Tiger? The
> ability to open .otd files could be a new feature of TextEdit on
> Leopard.

You're right, this seems specific to Leopard:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textedit>
<http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/TextEdit>

Similarly, QuickLook (Leopard-specific) supports ODT too. Possibly in
the same way as RTF has been since the early days of OS X, namely only
the most basic features of the format are supported. (Try to open a
RTF file containing tables in TextEdit, you'll see what I mean.)

Ironically, even the most recent version of iWork ('08) doesn't seem
to support ODF:

<http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7421205>

Bruno Voisin