[OS X TeX] LatexIt 1.15.0 and MacTex errors

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 7 10:29:11 CEST 2008

Pierre Chatelier wrote:

> Hello,
>
>> different bug: On top of every output, it writes a line
>> pxpxpxpxpxpx
>> in a very small font. Could be a problem with my tex setup, but I doubt
>> it. Or has "px" become a recognized unit of measure while I didn't look?

> I have indeed modified the cropping box calculation to make it more
> robust. I use something like
> \\includegraphics*[scale=%f,clip=true,viewport = %fpx %fpx %fpx %fpx,bb
> = %fpx %fpx %fpx %fpx]{%@}
> It works well by me. Am using without knowledge a non-standard extension
> ? Isn't px recognized ?

Not by my tex installation, anyway. From your line

\usepackage[papersize={1100.000000px,2316.000000px},margin=0px]{geometry}

I get errors of the following type in the log file:

> /sw/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/geometry/geometry.sty:818: Illegal unit of measure (pt inserted).
> <to be read again>
> l.818 \ProcessOptionsKV[p]{Gm}
>                               %
> Dimensions can be in units of em, ex, in, pt, pc,
> cm, mm, dd, cc, bp, or sp; but yours is a new one!
> I'll assume that you meant to say pt, for printer's points.
> To recover gracefully from this error, it's best to
> delete the erroneous units; e.g., type `2' to delete
> two letters. (See Chapter 27 of The TeXbook.)

Is my geometry.sty too old? It says
Package: geometry 2002/07/08 v3.2 Page Geometry

Or is it keyval.sty?
Package: keyval 1999/03/16 v1.13 key=value parser (DPC)

--
Martin