[OS X TeX] Installing a new Package

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jul 5 10:13:13 CEST 2008

Am 05.07.2008 um 02:10 schrieb BenBehr:

> What i have done so far:
> - moved simsons.sty to ~/texmf-dist/tex/latex/simpsons/
> - moved bart.mf (and other *.mf) to ~/texmf-dist/fonts/source/
> public/simpsons/
> - moved simpsons.tfm to ~/texmf-dist/font/tfm/simpsons/

The TeX variable HOMETEXMF in texmf.cnf, probably returned as /usr/
local/texlive/2007/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf from 'kpsewhich texmf.cnf'
on the command line, is usually defined as $HOME/Library/texmf. So
you'd better install your private distribution in the ~/Library/texmf
tree instead of ~/texmf-dist – or edit texmf.cnf.

> - runing sudo texhash from the terminal

... brings nothing when you've installed the files in your home
directory and did not set it up as being "cached."

--
Greetings

   Pete

It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
				– Garfield