[OS X TeX] Re: hyperref/pdflatex position links incorrectly on sidewaystables

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jul 3 13:48:52 CEST 2008

Le 3 juil. 08 à 12:59, Martin Girschick a écrit :

> First thanks for the fast answers!

I wonder which message you answered to, when creating your message.
Digest? Ironically enough, Apple's Mail considers your message as
belonging to the thread "New thread ?"

>> I switched TeXShop from PDFTeX to "TeX and Ghostscript" but that
>> made no difference. I added (and removed) the dvipdfm documentclass
>> option, also without effect.  Most interestingly the inclusion of
>> PNGs also seems to work with "TeX and Ghostscript", although I get
>> the following error message at the very end of the log:
>
>> This is dvips(k) 5.95b Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com
>> )
>> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/dvips: ! DVI file
>> can't be opened.
>> ### FAILED to generate /tmp/altpdflatex.10003-1215082589/main.ps ()
>
> Still a PDF is produced - strange...

The log indicates dvips failed to generate a PS file and the whole
process stopped (ie, ps2pdf wasn't launched to convert the PS file to
PDF). The PDF you're seeing must be the remaining PDF from when you
used pdfTeX.

So it seems you've got to convert the PNG files to EPS first. convert
(one component of ImageMagick, included in MacTeX) allows to do this,
in a straightforward enough way. In Terminal:

convert image-file.png image-file.eps

Bruno Voisin