[OS X TeX] New thread ?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Jul 3 01:23:04 CEST 2008

Hi all,

On 03/07/2008, at 8:54 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Matthew Leingang wrote:
>
>> Also, I think the frequency of thread hijacking is low enough that
>> a gentle correction suffices.
>
> I agree and I would add, as someone who did highjack a thread or
> two, way back at the beginning of times, that learning always carry
> a cost and that certain mistakes have to be done: Errare humanum
> est, perseverare diabolicum.

Precisely.
We all make mistakes, and a gentle (or even not so gentle) reminder
after it has happened is far more likely to have the desired effect
  -- being remembered for next time -- than someone pointing out
yet another link at the bottom of each message.

Besides, the etiquette --- and the appreciation for having consistent
email threading --- learned here is transferable to other lists,
where there may be no such link.

> Regards
> --schremmer

Cheers,