[OS X TeX] hyperref/pdflatex position links incorrectly on sidewaystables

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jul 2 22:49:47 CEST 2008

Le 2 juil. 08 à 22:23, Martin Girschick a écrit :

> I'm using the "rotating" package to rotate a landscape table. This
> seems to work quite good, but any links created within the table are
> positioned incorrectly (as if the table wasn't rotated). As this
> might be an OSX-only problem (maybe related to the installed
> pdflatex version) I thought I'd ask here, what the cause might be.
>
> The problem itself is also described here: http://www.latex-community.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1159&p=4096
>  The screenshot also includes an example which is pretty much
> similar to my problem. Most interestingly I haven't used the dvipdfm
> option, so I'm not able to remove it. Anyone any idea, what might've
> caused this?

No, it's pdfTeX-specific and results from the way PDF files are
structured. Using dvips + Ghostscript solves the problem, if you don't
need features that only pdfTeX provides (like font expansion, hanging
punctuation, PNG or JPEG file inclusion). If haven't tested dvipdfm,
maybe it works too.

See for example:

http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2004-April/005162.html
http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2004-April/005168.html