[OS X TeX] New thread ?

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Jul 2 17:18:17 CEST 2008

On Jul 2, 2008, at 10:19 AM, George Gratzer wrote:

> On 2-Jul-08, at 9:00 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> I tried to convince Gary to do this years ago. He did not agree
> then, he does not agree now. Hard to see why.

Give me a break. Why is it *so* hard to create an email message that
begins a new thread?!?!?

Not to mention that many (most?) people don't know how to quote
material. This leads to these huge footers that you want in each
message showing up numerous times as a thread grows. The footer in
each message is already longer than I would like, so I am extremely
hesitant to add more.

With that said, I am willing to bow to the wishes of the masses. If
most people want a link added to the footer of *every* message that is
simply a mailto link, then I will add it.

-- Gary