[OS X TeX] Keynote, latexit, LinkBack

Ryan Clary mrclary at umd.edu
Wed Jan 30 00:34:00 CET 2008

On Jan 29, 2008, at 5:35 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

>> I know that in other apps (OmniGraffle) you double-click to edit
>> the linkback item; however, in Keynote 4 this does not work.  In
>> Keynote 4, go to the Edit->Refresh in LaTeXiT menu item.
>
> Not exactly sure how this works... it looks like you can add your
> equations to the library so you don't have to copy/paste them from
> keynote. Is this how it's supposed to work?

I don't think that I understand your question.  The Edit->Refresh in
LaTeXiT menu item IS the linkback function.  If you select your
equation in Keynote, then select the menu item, LaTeXiT opens with the
equation already in the field.  By editing and typesetting, the
equation is updated in Keynote without any copying-and-pasting; it is
not necessary to add anything to a LaTeXiT library.

Ryan Clary.