[OS X TeX] scshape crashs TeXShop reproducible

Adam M. Goldstein agoldstein at iona.edu
Mon Jan 28 22:37:42 CET 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 3:22 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2008, at 7:55 pm, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:
>
>> Morning.
>>
>> Why the hell crashes TeXShop reproducible if I want to use scshape?
>
> There has been previous discussion on the list of crashes in 10.5
> that are associated with certain fonts, particularly things like
> small caps. I suspect that if you try to view the PDF with Preview,
> that will also crash.
>
> If that's the case, this is a known problem, and not specific to
> TeXShop. You'll probably find that Adobe Reader can open and print
> the PDF file, but not applications based on Apple's PDFKit (like
> TeXShop). See the list archives for further discussion.

I had a similar problem using concrete modern fonts with small caps.
It crashed all PDFKit-based viewers I tried; I don't have Acrobat
though. Usually the file would open once; then it would crash the PDF
viewer when I tried to print it or open it in another viewer.

-Adam
=================================
Adam M. Goldstein PhD MSLIS
Assistant Professor of Philosophy