[OS X TeX] Texmaker

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 26 23:36:50 CET 2008

Am 26.01.2008 um 16:10 schrieb M. Tamer Özsu:

> Output written on handbook.dvi (21 pages, 105012 bytes).

This shows that the TeX run has succeeded – otherwise there would not
be a DVI file.

> Interestingly, it has generated a .ps file as it appears in the
> directory
> with the right timestamp.

This was produced from the DVI file with dvips.

>  now the second problem I could not figure out...
>
> It does not generate the pdf file as it should. Running ps2pdf
> separately
> from within texmaker (under Tools) gives an error:
>
> Process started
>
> /usr/local/bin/ps2pdf: line 5: exec: ps2pdfwr not found

When you have the PS file, you can change working directory (cd is
the command) in Terminal to where the PS file is and then invoke

	sh -x ps2pdf handbook.ps

I suppose your Ghostscript installation might be not complete. You
also could try on the command line:

	which gs ps2pdf ps2pdf14 ps2pdf13 ps2pdf12 ps2pdfwr
	gs --version

Has TeXmaker preferences in which particular binaries and tools are set?

Why can't you use pdflatex to directly produce PDF output?

--
Greetings

   Pete

When in doubt, use brute force.