[OS X TeX] Magnum Opus, Strike One

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 22:01:46 CET 2008

On Jan 20, 2008, at 2:30 PM, Alan Litchfield wrote:

> Very well done :)
>
> I would very much like to have a look at your Magnum Opus and
> perhaps even read it ;) but the FreeMathTexts link points to
> file:///FILES/0 MagnumOpus4/FMToV1-web/index.html

1) I have just checked with FireFox and an old Explorer as well as
with Safari and there is indeed something wrong but, apparently, not
fatal: If you click on the menu for the page that you are already on,
you are going to see at the bottom the address of the file on my
computer, before I uploaded it to FreeMathTexts.org. On the old
Explorer, you even get a message to the effect that Explorer cannot
find ….

But if you then click on another link, you will get there and then
from that other page you can click back to the page you were on.
Still, I am going to have to ask my expert friends what is going on.

2) In the meantime, I will remove from the menu bar the name of the
page that it is on. Maybe that's the law anyhow.

3) If you want to have a look at (part of) the Magnum Opus, click on
"RBA Text" in the menu bar or on "Reasonable Basic Algebra" towards
the bottom of the home page, that is of the page called
"FreeMathTexts.org". That will bring you to a page where you can look/
download chapters of RBA or the whole thing.

4) I am very sorry about that but, even more than with LaTeX, I have
no idea what I am doing in HTML and it is a near miracle that FMTo is
even half working, my expert friends notwithstanding.

Shameful regards
--schremmer