[OS X TeX] wyswyg-TeX for Linux?

brian at pongonova.net brian at pongonova.net
Sun Jan 20 16:32:06 CET 2008

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 08:36:32AM -0500, Alain Schremmer wrote:
> I am not about to change from TeXShop et al?I am not about to change,
> period?but I will now try LyX again to see whether it can be put into
> the hands of my fragile students?we are not talking thesis students
> here.?but they wouldn't have anything difficult to do. The nice thing
> is that it's also on Windows which is what the students all have.

I think LyX will be fine for your students.  They should be able to
generate documents without ever having to touch a LaTeX command.

I think it's great you're in a position to introduce your students to
open source software.  I don't know how old your students are, but in
the school district I teach in (and in the community college I taught
in previously), open source software is/was considered the devil's spawn,
mostly due to ignorance.

  --Brian