[OS X TeX] Re: BBedit and LaTeX integration under Leopard
maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 19 13:04:28 CET 2008
On 19 jan 2008, at 10:44, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 14.01.2008 um 00:22 schrieb Maarten Sneep:
>> Unfortunately this kludge has not been implemented in X11, or we
>> would have had a nice way of adding tex to X11.
> It works fine with ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist. (I've created a set
> of shell scripts integrated into a Platypus application that makes
> the necessary changes on a double-click. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgajpd/Academic/MacResources.html)
Since then I have discovered how X11 is supposed to work on leopard.
- Remove all references to a hard-coded DISPLAY environment. If echo
$DISPLAY returs :0 or 0.0, then you have the wrong value. The value
may be lurking in ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist or in your .bashrc
(.tcshrc). If your DISPLAY environment variable is similar to /tmp/
launch-YWDYrq/:0 (i.e. a socket) then you are all set (the letters are
- Install the updated X11 for leopard from http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz
- Do not start X11.app, not directly, not from the dock. Do not double
click on X11.app in /Applications/Utilities/
- From the Apple Terminal, just start xdvi (or any X11 application).
As soon as the library gets (dynamically) loaded, X11 will start.
- Since X11 is now started from the Apple Terminal, there is no need
to ensure that X11 has its own correct environment.
There is absolutely no need to mess with ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist,
really there isn't.
More information about the macostex-archives