[OS X TeX] Where does TeX search for font files?

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Fri Jan 18 13:05:38 CET 2008

Thanks to papers by Bruno Voisin and Philip Lehman, and further help
by Bruno on this list, I could adapt some Postscript fonts to TeX.

Now, I want to share these fonts with co-workers using Unix. I don't
want to be involved in searching in their local TeX tree, even if it
is the same as the one TeXLive.

If we throw in the same directory as the main .tex file all
the .pfb, .fd, .tfm files, as well as the associated .sty files, will
TeX (TeXShop + pdftex) be able to find all the file it need(s) for
typesetting with the given font ?

Same question if I put everything into a single directory, or into a
tree of directories, then this tree into the same directory as the
main .tex file.

Thank you for your help.

André Bellaïche
Université Paris 7