[OS X TeX] [ANN] BibDesk 1.3.13

Adam M. Goldstein agoldstein at iona.edu
Tue Jan 15 16:12:10 CET 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>>
> I want the Cite Key to show on the bibliography window (along with
> Journal, Author and Title). When I control-click on the bar I get
> the option to "Add Other..." but if I type Cite Key Bibdesk does not
> accept the space in "Cite Key" and reads it as "Citekey", which is
> added as a column but it is not understood as a valid field and
> remains empty.

I don't see this problem, at least, not exactly. Either using the
little pull-down menu from at the right corner of the bib table, or
else ctrl-clicking on the bar, then selecting "Add Other . . . ", I
can select "Cite Key" from the available options; and then it appears
in the table properly. Maybe it is really impossible to type it in
though.

> PS: These customizations seem to have to be repeated from scratch
> every time Bibdesk is upgraded. Would it be possible to remember them?

I don't have this problem either; I go from release to release and
nightly build to nightly build, and everything stays the same. Aren't
these stored as preferences, and would be preserved in a .plist
somewhere?

-Adam
=================================
Adam M. Goldstein PhD MSLIS