[OS X TeX] CV

Hamner, Jesse Harrison jhamner at emory.edu
Thu Jan 10 16:10:25 CET 2008

On 1/10/08 10:04 AM, "Themis Matsoukas" <matsoukas at psu.edu> wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2008, at 9:42 AM, Alex Hamann wrote:
>
>> I have to write a cv and want to do this in LaTeX. Looking around
>> online brought up a couple of packages that are specially designed
>> for writing cvs (cv, curve, etc.).
>> Has anybody experience in using these packages and could point me to
>> advantages of the single packages?
>
> I have my cv on latex using standard classes. It takes a bit of
> formatting to get things to look good but I like it better than having
> to learn the idiosyncrasies of another custom package.

I concur. I made my CV with standard classes and extensive use of the
tabular environment. Except for some work with tabular to get some columns
right, it was easy. Also, many job applications require that you
custom-tailor your CV, so the cv or curve packages (I haven't used either of
them) might not quite be right anyway?

Jesse

information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
prohibited.