[OS X TeX] Springer Journal Template

Richard J Benish rjbenish at teleport.com
Tue Jan 1 23:44:46 CET 2008

Thanks for the advice.

Funny thing is that I kept fumbling around and got it to work without
consciously changing anything related to the error message. (As I
recall, Ghostscript was installed along with TexShop. As far as I can
tell, pdfTeX is not involved here.) What I did was change a dummy
graphic from an eps to a jpg (using Photoshop) and the file
"example.eps" to "example.jpg".

I wish the error messages were less cryptic and more directly related
to experience. The "logic" of LaTex usually eludes me. When I solve a
problem, it's usually by fumbling and trial an error and the solution
ends up being nothing I would have thought of by other means.

Anyhow, I'm happy that it's working now and I really appreciate the help.

Rick