[OS X TeX] (no subject)

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Feb 27 00:04:13 CET 2008

Hello Marco,

On 27/02/2008, at 9:39 AM, Marco Belleschi wrote:

> I'm using TexShop for my master thesis. If I insert the package
> subfigure in the preamble I get the following error
>

> ! LaTeX Error: Command \c at lofdepth already defined.
>                Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.
>
> See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.124 \newcounter{lofdepth}
>
> ?

What comes before this in the Console window (.log file) ?
Which package is being loaded at that point?

It may be that you are loading a package unnecessarily,
because it has been done already by  kth-mag.cls , and the
package doesn't detect that it has already been loaded.

Also,  nada-ex  looks like a non-standard package,
so maybe this is where the problem lies.
Just guessing.

> This is the preamble I'm using
>
> \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{kth-mag}
> \usepackage{url}
> \usepackage{amsmath, amsthm, amssymb}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \usepackage{textcomp}
> %\usepackage{subfigure}
> \usepackage{lmodern}
> \usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
> \usepackage[swedish,english]{babel}
> \usepackage{nada-ex}
>

> The problem seems to be really odd, because using a different
> compiler than TexShop I don't get this error anymore.
> Thank you in advance for any hints
>
> /rust

Hope this helps,

	Ross