[OS X TeX] Trouble accessing beamer docs

Rowland McDonnell rjmmnet-lists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 22:33:34 CET 2008

I've come across a problem accessing documentation with MacTeX 2007.

I've not moved any of the standard installed components: everything is
where it was installed (G4 iMac, 10.4.11).

texdoc beamer in Terminal.app opens the following file in Firefox.app:

file://localhost/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-doc/doc/english/catalogue/
entries/beamer.html

If I click on Documentation->Read documentation for this package from:
bearmeruserguide.pdf, I get this message:

Firefox can't find the file at
/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-doc/doc/macros/latex/contrib/beamer/.

/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-doc/doc/ exists, but contains no macros/
directory; it contains directories named after languages from bulgarian
to vietnamese.

The beamer documentation exists at this location:

/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/doc/latex/beamer/doc/beameruserguide.
pdf

Anyone got any thoughts?

Rowland.