[OS X TeX] transparency

Alessandro Languasco languasc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 12:00:09 CET 2008

Dear Roussanka,

at the bottom of this message you'll find the template I used.

I have MacTeX-2007 installed (the complete one) and
I have no problem both with wallpaper
and everyshi (but the last one is not needed for the poster).
Are you sure you have installed the most updated version of MacTeX?

To do the graphical trick I used Graphic Converter, a wondeful piece
of software
by Lemkesoft.com .
http://www.lemkesoft.com/

I applied the filter "mask to alpha" twice
(you can find it on the menu Filter/Color Effects)

All the best
	Alessandro

-----------------------------------
\documentclass[10pt,a4paper]{letter}
\usepackage{wallpaper}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage[italian,english]{babel}
\usepackage{fullpage}
\usepackage{fancyhdr}

\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt}
\pagestyle{fancy}
\headheight=15pt
\fancyhead{}
\fancyhead[LO]{\hfill\textsf{\large{University of  XXXXXYYYYYYY -
Department of ??????????????}}\hfill}
\fancyhead[CO]{}
\fancyhead[RO]{}
\fancyfoot{}
\fancyfoot[LO]{\hfill\textsf{\large{University of  XXXXXYYYYYYY -
Department of ??????????????}}\hfill}
\fancyfoot[CO]{}
\fancyfoot[RO]{}

\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0.3pt}
\renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{0.3pt}
\headsep=20pt
\fancypagestyle{plain}{%
\fancyhf{}
\renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt}
\renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{0pt}}

  \begin{document}

\selectlanguage{english}
\ThisCenterWallPaper{0.75}{logo}

\begin{center}
\textbf{\Huge{TITLE}}

\bigskip
\textbf{\Huge{A seminar by XY}}

\bigskip
\textbf{\large{(from the Universtity of XXXYYYY,  XXXXXXX)}}

\bigskip
\textbf{ \Large{DATE - HOUR - Room NUMBER}}
\end{center}

\baselineskip=28pt
\vskip 2cm
\textbf{