[OS X TeX] weird indentation

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Feb 24 19:08:47 CET 2008

On Feb 24, 2008, at 11:34 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2008, at 12:15 PM, Paulo Ferreira wrote:
>
>> Here tex shop 2.15 on Leopard and Mactex 2007 and the above code
>> works ok.
>
> On Feb 24, 2008, at 11:54 AM, David Watson wrote:
>
>> For what it is worth, the results I see are that both items are
>> indented at the same level, no matter which of the packages are
>> commented or uncommented. The setdefaultleftmargin directive does
>> have an effect, but only to push the margins more to the left for
>> both of the items.
>>
>> I am using both the command line pdflatex from the terminal and
>> with TeXShop 2.14-svn with Mac OS X 10.5.2.
>

> So, it looks like I just have to wait for 10.6 (at which time I will
> upgrade to 10.5) and all will be well. That's a relief.
>
> But I wouldn't mind anyone still on 10.4 confirming that I am not
> hallucinating.
>
> Grateful regards
> --schremmer

Hate to burst your bubble but I see the difference in indentation and
I'm running under 10.5.2 (which shouldn't have anything to what is
going on anyway).

I notice that if I change the first argument of the
\setdefaultleftmargin to 7mm or larger everything seems to be alright.
I haven't looked at its definition but I suspect that is where the
indentation is coming from.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)