[OS X TeX] Re: Floating table in landscape orientaton results in a half empty page

Olga Lyashevska olgalyashevskaya at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 00:08:39 CET 2008

Dear all,

Thank you for your suggestions.

> What happens when you substitute the p (page of floats – is this what
> you want?) in the options with h (here)?

It behaves just the same way.

> Someone (I wish I could give credit where credit is due) posted the
> following to this list a while back, note the final commented line.

I have seen this example and tried it in a slightly changed form (see my

I was thinking maybe it has something to do with 'landscape' environment?
Can anybody recommend a good approach to deal with objects in the
landscape orientation? All document is in the portrait orientation except
just for one page.

Thank you in advance,
Olga

P.S. It is solved for now, I simply reduced the amount of text on the
page, but it is not an elegant solution and I don't want to think that
LaTeX behaves just the same way as conventional Word Processors would do.