[OS X TeX] path before prompt

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Feb 18 15:20:59 CET 2008

Le 18 févr. 08 à 15:02, Roussanka Loukanova a écrit :

> Accept my apology for this question, but which is the good choice
> and why? I guess the default set up (i.e., 'W') should have some
> good rationality behind.

The old choice used to put the whole path to the current directory
(starting from ~) before the prompt. As a result, this path occupied
most of the current line in the Terminal window (if there was more
than 3 levels say in the path) and any text typed after the prompt was
partly superposed on this path, making it undecipherable and unusable
for copy/paste.

In order to avoid that, you needed to make the Terminal window as wide
as possible which was not always an option on small screens. It would
have been better to have the supplementary text flowed to the next
line instead of being superposed at the beginning of the current line,
but if there was an option for that I have no idea what it was.

Now with Leopard this nonsense is at last gone!

Bruno Voisin