[OS X TeX] Floating table in landscape orientaton results in a half empty page

Olga Lyashevskaya olgalyashevskaya at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 12:16:55 CET 2008

Dear all,

I experience difficulties with floating table. This table has a landscape orientation and occupies the whole page.  When I refer to it, it is placed on a new page immediately after the \ref and there are just two words on the current. What is strange is that this page is not filled with the text which appears after the  table.
---------------------------
\begin{landscape}
 \begin{table}[tbp]
 \centering
 \setlength{\abovecaptionskip}{0pt}
  \setlength{\belowcaptionskip}{5pt}
 \end{table}
 \end{landscape}
--------------------
On the next page there is also a figure, maybe it is the reason as figures and tables are placed in the specific order?

Moreover I tried to override some default settings by:

-------------------
\renewcommand{\floatpagefraction}{0.7}
\renewcommand{\topfraction}{0.9}
\renewcommand{\bottomfraction}{0.8}
\renewcommand{\textfraction}{0.07}
\setcounter{totalnumber}{4}
\setcounter{topnumber}{2}
\setcounter{bottomnumber}{2}
But it doesn't seem to work.

To summarize, now I have one page which contains just 2 words and a table on the next page followed by some text.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Olga

MacOS X (version 10.4.11)