[OS X TeX] MinionPro Package with LiveTeX

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Mon Feb 18 02:02:21 CET 2008

On Feb 17, 2008, at 18:09, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 17.02.2008 um 13:03 schrieb Axel E. Retif:
>
>> I have all my personally installed fonts (and maps) in ~/Library/
>> texmf...; I always enable those maps with ``sudo updmap-sys --
>> enable Map=<font>.map''; the updmap.cfg changed is in /usr/local/
>> texlive/2007/texmf-config/web2c/ and the log file in
>> ~/.texlive2007/texmf-var/web2c/, and I didn't have to create that
>> web2c directory (which, by the way, only has that updmap.log
>> file): it was created in the process.
>
> The reason why I don't advertise this is that other users or
> accounts see entries in the MAP files they can't use because the
> needed resources are unavailable – for these users.
>
> [...]
>
> The scheme you describe only works on single user systems.

Yes, of course you're right. That's my case: single (TeX) user. I do
that (updmap-sys) because I don't want a web2c directory in my
personal tree, and I have my additions (fonts, maps, STYs, etc.) in
my personal tree because I can sync very easily my laptop and desktop
and also because I could use the same tree for local additions with
GWteTeX, gwTeX and TeXLive.

Best,

Axel