[OS X TeX] MinionPro Package with LiveTeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Feb 17 02:50:33 CET 2008

On Feb 16, 2008, at 7:36 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have been writing Matthew privately. I installed MinionPro in ~/
> Library/texmf/... on my machine and the font works fine here. Now
> the goal is to try to figure out what is different on Matthew's
> machine.
>
> To save you time, I have determined that
>
> 	1) Matthew has the correct PATH, and /usr/texbin contains the
> correct files. Also kpsewhich MinionPro.map correctly finds the
> location of the map file.
>
> 	2) All of the correct files are in ~/Library/texmf in the correct
> locations.
>
> Stay tuned, unless a light bulb suddenly goes off. Then write
> immediately.
>
> Dick
> koch at math.uoregon.edu

Howdy,

I've seen posts here that have updmap used and updmap-sys and am
concerned that there are now two sets of map files which will lead to
nothing but confusion.

Also, if the -H option is use with sudo, i.e., sudo -H updmap-sys, the
personal tree will not be searched since -H says to use root's home
which doesn't have a personal tree.

Some cleaning up may be in order now.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)