[OS X TeX] Voting on feature requests

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:40:29 CET 2008

On Feb 11, 2008, at 3:11 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

Just a couple of comments.

> F—A Typeset button that does NOT save at the same time

I don't see how this would ever work, since TeXShop calls tex/latex/
pdf..tex to do the dirty work, and these command-line programs
require files be written out to disk. So if you want the current
changes in the editor window to be tex'd, they have to be written out
to disk somewhere, hence the save-before-texing behavior. One could
imagine trying to fake this by writing the file to a tmp directory,
but this won't work except in the simplest cases.

> G—Let the bottom of the source window be standard, with a
> horizontal scroll bar

I don't know what this means. For example, neither Mail.app nor
TextEdit.app have horizontal scroll bars, so it seems to me that
TeXShop's source window is perfectly standard in this regard. Do you
mean that the editor should allow soft wrapping to be turned off?

Chris