[OS X TeX] Annoying behavior in TeXShop 2.18

Di Xiao dixiao at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 21:38:04 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm using TeXShop as a PDF viewer and emacs as the source editor.
I've checked the preferences "Configure for External Editor" and
"Automatic Preview Update" in TeXShop.  With 2.15, after I typeset in
emacs, TeXShop will automatically update the preview in the
background, then I can glance it and continue working in emacs.
However, in 2.18, TeXShop will update the preview _and_ bring it to
the front, so every time after typesetting I have to manually switch
back to emacs.

I have tried the new preference "After Typesetting", which has no
effect for external editors.

Is there any way to bring the old behavior back?

Thanks,

Di