[OS X TeX] GNUPLOT on Mac

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 06:29:48 CEST 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 12:54 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 13, 2008, at 06:32AM, "Alain Schremmer"
> <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 13, 2008, at 8:33 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>>
>>> OTOH, is Gnuplot really needed?
>>

>> You are right: I don't need anything that fancy: right now, I need to
>> plot for my "kindergarden" students, say, x^-3, x^-2, x^-1, x^0, x^1,
>> x^2, x^3, x^4, say between -5 and +5.
>
> Have you tried using /Applications/Utilities/Grapher.app?
> DataGraph [1] is a low-cost options that would also work really
> well for this, since you can enter these equations directly.

I looked at it and it does look nice. "You can use a subset of the
program for free" So I will give it a try. However, I have now got a
thing about gnuplot which I resent so, given that I have a terminal
case of obstination and that I could do the kind of things I need in
NeoOffice …

> Either way would avoid hassling with broken installers or
> compilation dependencies (let alone the annoyance of tweaking
> gnuplot).

But you speak the voice of reason. ;-((

> And to bring this slightly-on-topic for the list, DataGraph also
> parses LaTeX expressions for labels and can save as PDF.

Ah!

Best regards
--schremmer