[OS X TeX] Egyptian hieroglyphs and Babylonian cuneiform fonts

Thomas Rike tricycle222 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 12 00:58:26 CEST 2008

Dear John,

To use "hieroglf" just include
\usepackage{hieroglf} in the preamble

Then \textpmhg{ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz+?/|}\\

will produce the hieroglyphs. Try the following to get a surrounding
box:

\cartouche{\textpmhg{John}}

If you don't have the documentation, I can send you a TeX file that
produces the a chart of the the codes.

HTH. Take care, Tom