[OS X TeX] Installing Lucida fonts under home folder

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 19:15:18 CEST 2008

On Aug 6, 2008, at 12:45 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 5 août 08 à 23:32, Chris Goedde a écrit :
>
>> So, there's one or two problems. The first is that (for reasons I
>> don't understand, see my recent posts under the subject
>> "Configuring man pages") my paths are screwed up, and the system
>> isn't picking up the changes made in /etc/path.d and /etc/
>> manpath.d. Does anyone have some insight on that? That's why updmap
>> can't find kpsewhich. I'm not sure if that's the reason that
>> updmap.cfg can't be found.
>
> That is precisely the reason. kpsewhich isn't found by the shell,
> and it's this commands which is used to find anything TeX-related
> (formats, fonts, LaTeX packages, etc.).
>
> You absolutely need to sort this problem out. Without PATH set
> correctly, you'll never get a working TeX system.

Just to follow up on my saga (I was out of town for a few days), I
decided that this was serious enough that I should do an archive and
install of Leopard. So I did that, re-installed MacTeX 2007, ran the
Leopard Fix, and then "updmap --enable Map lucida.map" and now my
paths are working and I can use Lucida just fine. So something was
apparently screwed up with my system, since I didn't need to change
anything under my home folder to get things to work. Thanks for all
the help.

Chris