[OS X TeX] Installing Lucida fonts under home folder

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 5 21:19:38 CEST 2008

On 5 aug 2008, at 20:41, Chris Goedde wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I have some followup questions :-).
>
> (1) My account isn't an admin account, and it's not on the sudo
> list. Is there a way to do this that doesn't involve sudo? (I am the
> admin for the machine. It's just that the account I use on a daily
> basis isn't an admin account.)

when installed under texmf-local, your changes will appear in all
accounts, including non-admin. I run in this setup. texmf-local
survives upgrades of texlive, although you must re-install the map
files with the above instructions.

> (2) Where will the map files go? I'd like to have _everything_
> related to this end up under ~/Library/texmf, if possible. Is that
> what will happen if I run "sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map"?
> If not, is there a way to set up TeX so that all the lucida-enabling
> bits live under ~/Library/texmf?

No, that will not happen, the additional map files will go into texmf-
local. If you really want to keep things in your private tree, use
updmap, not sudo updmap-sys. You're on your own here, I prefer the
system wide setup.

Maarten