[OS X TeX] security issue?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 04:29:16 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD
<joseph.slater at wright.edu> wrote:
> Brian...I don't know his last name, suggested that uploads be limited to
> graphics only for fear of a malicious user uploading trojan horses. Only
> "trusted" users could upload zip, etc, files. Thoughts?

Currently zip is not allowed. Only dmg or sit for binaries (tried to
upload tgz).

Generally it is possible but does it really make a difference? I
uploaded today precompiled binaries of xpdf. I could put them on my
own server and put a link. From the point of view of the person who
downloads a trojan it does not make any difference. If I wanted to put
a trojan and could not put it on your server I could use mediafire,
rapidshare,.... etc (if I wanted not to put on my server).

PS Last time I have seen Mac virus was ~15 ya.

Victor