[OS X TeX] How do I generate PostScript?

Dan Smith dlsmith at rice.edu
Sat Aug 2 18:18:45 CEST 2008

I need to produce a PostScript file from my LaTeX source.  This used
to be the standard workflow (tex->dvi->ps->pdf), but now "latex" is an
alias for "pdftex", and I can't find a command or option that will
produce dvi output instead.  I know it's a rather simple question, but
what am I missing?

(My typical workflow is to produce PDFs with TeXShop, but I'm happy
with using the command line for this instance; I'm using TeXLive 2007.)

—Dan