[OS X TeX] LaTeX2html Basics?

Richard J Benish rjbenish at teleport.com
Mon Apr 28 04:25:15 CEST 2008

Everybody,

Thanks much for all the suggestions. Lots to do, evidently.

>>When I try that, the rendering hangs up more (I need to press Enter
>>more to keep it going).

>Does it work to produce DVI or PDF output? What are messages that
>make you press enter?

When I render to pdf the whole thing goes through without a hitch (no
need to press enter at all). I tried converting again with
SimpleTeX4ht using the GUI and this time it didn't hang. I think it
may be because the first time I inadvertently left in the word "or"
between the commands. Anyhow, it still shows question marks where I
want equations...which brings us to the next question:

>Did you tell your browser (HTML viewer) to use the encoding
>specified in the HTML file?

The page opened in my browser (Safari 3.0.4) automatically when the
conversion was finished. I did not make any changes to the browser.
Is there a Preference setting I need to change before making the
conversion or is it a change made in the browser when the page is
already open? Or something else?

On the HeVeA front, so far, I've downloaded and installed Caml, so I
guess I would be ready to install HeVeA.

Rob: I really appreciate your numbered list of steps. Unfortunately,
this is the first occasion I've ever had to open a Terminal window.
So I don't know what it means to "cd to the directory...etc." (I
suppose this tells you just how green I am. :)) Could I trouble you
for some even more detailed instructions?

I really appreciate everyone's patience with me.

Many thanks.

RB