[OS X TeX] Setting up dissertation text

brian at pongonova.net brian at pongonova.net
Tue Apr 8 23:57:12 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 03:20:35PM -0400, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
> And even if this template does not work for some reason, surely there
> must be some other grad student in your school using LaTeX and having
> had to match these requirements! You could use the system they use.

Don't be so sure of this :)  I had to fight very hard to have my
committee accept PDF files generated via LaTeX (I'm working on my EdD,
and the education folks simply did not have the slightest clue of what
I wanted to do, even after explaining it to them several
times...they typical response was "What?  No Microsoft Word? How can
you possibly write a dissertation without Word?")

I've noticed many of the list participants here are math/CS
related...I would imagine LaTeX has a much higher level of recognition
in these programs than in liberal arts programs...

  --Brian