[OS X TeX] MacTeX 2008?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 8 22:31:35 CEST 2008

On 8 apr 2008, at 00:43, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:
> Maybe this is something everyone knows but me---when (if at all)
> will a TeXLive-MacTeX 2008 distribution be put together?

When it is done, I guess. I think there are some milestones expected
this year in the development of LuaTeX, with a first formal release at
TUG2008. That is late July, and I expect that TeXLive 2008 will
include a luatex release, if only to get a wider test of the
application. That said, the disk image gets updated on a regular
basis, and work is underway for texlive itself to support better
updating. So a lot is happening, but I don't expect the texlive 2008
DVD set to be one of my birthday presents (late october).

Remember that a release on December 31st still counts as a 2008
release...

Is there a particular reason you ask?

Maarten