[OS X TeX] Problem applescripting TeXShop

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 04:13:40 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm having a problem getting the result I want with applescript and
TeXShop and I need some help. I'm trying to write a script to open a
pdf file in TeXShop and have it be frontmost. What I have right now is
(assuming that test.pdf is on my desktop):

tell application "TeXShop"

    open POSIX file "/Users/goedde/Desktop/test.pdf"
    activate
    set index of window "test.pdf" to 1

 end tell

This works with two big exceptions:

(1) The resulting window doesn't have a toolbar, just a title bar.
(2) The window is frontmost but not active.

Does anyone know how to do this better/fix these two problems? This is
10.5.2 with TeXShop 2.14.

Thanks.

Chris