[OS X TeX] hyperref and apacite

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Apr 5 02:42:16 CEST 2008

On 05/04/2008, at 11:28 AM, Salvatore Enrico Indiogine wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> On 04/04/2008, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>  The hyperref package loads the url package but then re-defines some
>> commands.
>
> Well, the situation has worsened.   When I have only apacite and url I
> get the following:
>
> !Undefined control sequence.
> %->\Url at percent
>
> I.740 -2005.pdf}
>        \end{APACrefURL}
>
> Line 740 is not in my tex file, but probably refers to a the following
> block in the bbl file:

That would be due to this long URL ...

>   \url{http://www.activemath.org/publications/Ullrich-
> CourseGenerationHTN-ABIS%
> -2005.pdf} \end{APACrefURL}

  ... which seems to have been broken oautomatically
before the 3rd '-' character.

Simplest is to edit the .bbl to revert to a single line:

\url{http://www.activemath.org/publications/Ullrich-
CourseGenerationHTN-ABIS-2005.pdf}

> \PrintBackRefs{\CurrentBib}

> I can compile once and get ? for citations, but the references are
> good.  If I compile again it stops at:
>
> !Undefined control sequence.
> \hyper@@link ->\let \Hy at reserved@a
>           \relax \@ifnextchar [{\hyper at link@ }{\hyp....

Getting rid of all these line-breaks and '%'s might help:

> \bibitem[\protect\citeauthoryear{%
> Ullrich%
> }{%
> Ullrich%
> }{%
> {\protect\APACyear{2005}}%
> }]{%
> Ullrich:2005aa}%

\bibitem[\protect\citeauthoryear{Ullrich}{Ullrich}%
  {{\protect\APACyear{2005}}}]{Ullrich:2005aa}%

> and then complains about the first citation.  Even repeated <enter>
> will not complete the compilation.
>
> What a mess!

I agree; all those '%' produces an abomination for a .bbl file.
Not friendly at all.

> Thank,
> Enrico

Hope this helps,