[OS X TeX] Autocompletion in TeXShop

Julian Aguirre julian.aguirre at ehu.es
Fri Sep 28 17:54:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am having a problem with autocompletion (TeXShop 2.14, spanish
localization) and the character ^. When I stroke the ^ key, the
symbol appears in a yellow box. If the next key is a letter, say x, I
get ^x, with no braces. But if the next stoke is a space, I get ^^{|}
with the cursor | between the braces. Something similar happens with
the umlauts. ä is converted into ¨\"a, with the umault before the
backslash.

On the other hand, _ produces _{|}, as expected.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Julian Aguirre