[OS X TeX] (OT) Keynote/Beamer (was LaTeXiT & Keynote)

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Thu Sep 27 14:55:51 CEST 2007

On Sep 26, 2007, at 2:51 PM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Luis Sequeira wrote:
>
>>> 	I am using a 3rd-party Keynote theme along with LaTeXiT for a
>>> course
>>> I am teaching this semester.
>>> [...]
>>>

> I use beamer in a similar manner, producing 4-up copies of the
> slide show by commenting and uncommenting short segments in the
> preamble, depending upon whether I am producing a version to show
> in class or a version to be distributed as lecture notes. The
> colors are altered as well as the number of slides per page.

On a side issue, as much as I like Keynote for the sleek looks, it
generates enormous files. I recently gave two talks, one in Keynote,
one in beamer. The Keynote file size was 5.2 MB, the beamer file only
0.7 MB. Granted, these were two different subjects but still of
similar quantity in math and graphics. I find it hard to justify the
gargantuanism of Keynote.

Themis